SUU ECON 6100 Blog

This blog was initiated by Dave Tufte, at the suggestion of students. It is a forum for SUU M.B.A. and M.Acc. students who have taken ECON 6100 to comment about the usefulness of this class for their other classes, degree, or career.


Only students who took ECON 6100 in 2004 were invited to post their thoughts here. There was no quid pro quo in that invitation.


I started this blog because students told me that this class is very worthwhile. Unfortunately, as an elective, this class does not have much of a constituency among the faculty to help guarantee that it will continue to be offered on a regular basis. I intend to show this blog to other School of Business faculty to make a case in support of this class.


Please do not view this opportunity as a way to support Dr. Tufte - I am only 1 of 3 people to have taught this class, and it is only 1 of 5 M.B.A. classes that I can reasonably be expected to teach at SUU. Also, don't use this as a forum to denigrate other professors or other classes.


Here are some suggestions (please feel free to expand upon this list). Was this class was more or less valuable than others you took? What did you learn that was so useful that you didn't learn in other classes? If you had to choose between this class and others that you took, how often would this class win (for example, ECON 6100 was better than half of my graduate classes)?


Please title your posts with either your name, or "anonymous".

Monday, September 26, 2005

Julia Romanovich

The MBA program at SUU prepared me to face the real business world and be as competent and knowledgeable as students who graduated from Stanford, Berkley, and other reputable and known educational establishments. I consider ECON 6100 one of the most beneficial and valuable classes I took in the MBA program. I apply the skills and knowledge obtained from the class on an every day basis. The class helped me to be efficient in analyzing and sorting data. It assisted me in understanding the “big picture”, looking at problems from different perspectives, and considering multiple solutions and methods for approaching complex situations. These skills are vital in the competitive business world. The class not only improved my excel skills, but also introduced me to new concepts, programs, tricks, and shortcuts. The professor always kept students engaged with new information. I also appreciated the challenge of the class. Homework assignments required effort, analysis, critical thinking, qualitative and quantitative understating of the material and were not a repetition of the undergraduate classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home