Robert Tebbs
When I signed up for ECON 6100 I was thinking that this would be an easy A, because I felt very comfortable with my spreadsheet skills. I thought that the class would just be an extension of an undergraduate class that I took on Office 2000 programs. I was caught off guard when on the first day the professor handed out a statistics quiz and when we started to muddle through problems in the book that were quite complex. I soon realized that this was not the easy class that I had imagined that was going to teach me all the shortcut keys I needed to know, rather the class was turning into one that made me think about the big picture when confronting a problem and how to solve the problem quantitatively and qualitatively.
This class was beneficial for me--a person who is confident with his Excel skills--and would be for anyone majoring in any business field.
An easy A? Well... I hope that I got an A, but if not I know this class has expanded my mind and opened my eyes to the many realities that exist in a real buisness environment. Because of this class I feel better prepared and more confident with my Excel skills and more importantly with my ability to think through complex, real-world situations.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home